Recently I was helping my boss of the restaurant for his online business. He asked me to apply for a facebook account for the restaurant and begin to run it. Though his restaurant is full of customers every day, I am still happy to offer some help. Social media is getting into every little part of lives, and there is no reason if we ignore the part on food.
How to rise business for a restaurant through Facebook? After some small research, I give three methods, hopefully it gonna be helpful:
1. Give discount or bonus card to your fans. I know this is not easy for a small budget restaurant, but no one in this world dont like free gifts. In order to attract more customers on facebook while encourage them to consume, a printable voucher image could be uploaded to facebook page, and let your fans print it and come for a dinner. Remember, Only for fans !
2. Give other information than something solely about restaurant itself. For example, give valuable information on food itself. “What kind of food could help you lose weight?” “What kind of fruit is good for breakfast?” etc. Specific information on specific restaurant is nice to post too. You can share article as how to make sushi for Japanese restaurant, share information about the history of Chinese dumplings for Chinese restaurant. They should be intereting enough to read.
3. Stories behind the scene. I remember when I was in China, McDonald once had an activity is to visit their kitchen. They opened their kitchen at specific time per week to welcome customers. An open kitchen proves a clean enviroment, no matter for junk food or healthy food. Thus, it will attract customers’ attention if there are some pictures about the kitchen, about how the kitchen cooks a specific dish, how the chef shopped the fish etc.
- Successful Facebook Tips for Restaurants (coverboom.com)
- How to Start a Restaurant Business (thinkup.waldenu.edu)
- Free Restaurant Marketing Idea: Why Recipes? Part 1 (gourmetmarketing.net)