There are so many online contests going on nowadays, and Facebook is the main platform for people to “Like”. Generally the online contest is more about winning votes. And the contest which Mr.D participated two weeks ago continues, until now we have won 80+ votes, definitely on the first place amongst all competitors.
This is a nice result we would like see, not only for the VIP party tickets we will receive as the winner, but also for “winning an online contest on social media”.
Hereby I would like to share my methods with you, they are short, easy, but very useful.
- Personal E-mails and Messages. I have to admit that people who receive your mail and messages will probably consider it is a spam, and they won’t take any actions on that. So the best way is try not to make your mails look like a spam. A lot of spam letters start with “hey dear could you please…”, and you have to avoid this beginning. Just calm down, take a deep breath, and write a sincerely clearly and persuasive letter. Make sure your friends will listen to you and help you win.
- Bonus. There is no one in the world dislikes bonus. Though I didn’t point this out on Mr.D’s contest, but it really works. If you are a company which has enough money to offer some free gifts, please do this. In fact you don’t have to make every one get something, you can set limited number of big prize for random people. And for netizens, only a “click” really makes a good deal.
- Make use of your network. We all know that in order to win an online contest, first thing we should start from our network. At least there are some basic things we should do: posting on your walls, creating an events to gather all of your friends do the voting, talking to your friends who is online, tweet your contest…
- Buy Votes. There are some people online who sell votes. I am not sure about the price, but if this voting is really extremely important to you, you can do it, why not? If they can make you win!
- Facebook platform. There are some interesting groups in facebook like “50 likes or votes” , “contests exchange votes/likes“, you can post the your contest and ask for more people to vote for you. But remember, before you are waiting for more votes, please be an active voter yourself. Go to people’s contest on this page and vote for them, after voting, tell them you are done!
- Don’t believe in forum so much. I have tried some alleged forums, but too bad that no one responded me. I think probably is because it is not that convenient for people to move from current forum to another social media site, besides, the discussion in one forum always changes so fast, maybe only ten minutes later, no one could notice your contest anymore.
- Don’t leave comments on your own contest. Facebook is really good at tracking your footprints. No matter there are how many people vote for you, once you leave a comments, all of them will get a notification from Facebook, which could be annoying to some extend. It could leads to an “unlike” result.